Sea Salt contains magnesium, sulfur, oxygen, sodium and chlorine. Each chemical has its own property that helps in treating certain kind of ailment. Since ancient times, salt has been used for medicinal purpose. Tribal people cured any kind of wound or pain with salt. They covered a handful of warm salt in a cloth and applied on the wounded or sprained area. It gave tremendous relief to the patient.
Salts like Epsom, Dead Sea or Himalayan are used for medicinal purpose as they have high content of chemicals mentioned above. Epsom salt is commonly used in bathing and in bath bombs. Many bath bombs that include this salt also have essential oils like eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender etc. to add aroma to it. This makes your bathing time more exciting.
Although salts are in use since decades to cure any soreness or muscle pain but there are other remedies as well –
- Using beer is another way to get rid of inflammation. The byproducts and flowers used to prepare beer contain vitamin B that brightens and soothes your skin, that is why beer is used in spa and hair wash.
- Oatmeal helps in soothing and exfoliating your skin. It helps in treating symptoms like Eczema.
- Essential oils help in lowering stress level and blood pressure. Different kinds of essential oil like eucalyptus, peppermint, etc. have their own aroma and benefits.
- Using milk with other byproducts for skin makes it smooth and soft. Moreover, milk is also good for health as it contains calcium and protein.
- Fresh petals from flowers also give fragrance if they are sprinkled in your hot water tub. Being surrounded with nature helps you boost your mood.
These products are natural and have no side effects. They can be used any time during your entire day. However, if you don’t have anyone of these products, still you’re suffering with acute pain then, you can try these methods –
- Do some stretching exercises and foam rolling to remove stiffness from your muscles.
- Many athletes after completing their tournament submerge their body in ice cold bath. This way, their entire body recovers from heavy workout or runs.
- Contrast bath is the best way to get rid of any pain. First you take hot water bath for a minute or two then you switch on the cold shower, the continuous changing of water temperature wash away lactic acid so that you recover quickly.
There are many ways of trying to give your body relief. However, using bath bombs with fragrance is the best way to get rid of any kind of pain, soreness and stress.